Postdoc, PhD, Masters and Bachelors scholarships and fellowships
Search for Scholarships
Norway : PhD Scholarships - Economics
BI Norwegian Business School (http://www.bi.no/doctoral) offers a four year Ph.D. programme in business administration. The programme features six areas of specialisation: Finance, Economics, Strategic Management, Marketing, Leadership and Organization, and Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
The Department of Economics has a strong research oriented faculty within areas as microeconomics and industrial economics, labour economics, petroleum economics,R&D and economic growth, business cycles and monetary policy, international macroeconomics and political economy. There are currently 29 faculty members, including 8 professors and 7 associate professors. The department hosts three research centres, Centre for Monetary Economics (CME), Centre for Research in Economics and Management (CREAM) and Centre for Applied Macro and Petroleum Economics (CAMP).
The following options are possible:
- 3-4 vacant positions in the open programme.
- 2-3 PhD positions in Petroleums Economics.The research positions are financed by Statoil’s Research Program in Petroleum Economics. Contact person is Professor Hilde C. Bjørnland ( firstname.lastname@example.org), Director at the Centre for Applied Macro- and Petroleum Economics (CAMP) at BI Norwegian Business School. http://www.bi.edu/research/research-centres/Centre-for-/
- 1 Ph.D position is associated with the project Experimental markets with search frictions and network externalities, financed by the NFR (Norwegian Research Council). Contact persons for this position are Leif Helland and Espen R. Moen, see also the projects web page:
The doctoral programme is an important element of the department’s research agenda and of BI’s vision to become one of the leading research business schools in Europe. The selected candidates will be working closely with the faculty and will join a group PhD candidates in the department. Their place of work will be at the BI Norwegian Business School in Oslo.
Applicants should normally have completed a two year (120 ECTS) Master’s Degree with thesis work (preferably a Master of Science) by July 2012 to be considered for a scholarship. The four-year scholarship is set according to the Norwegian State Salary Scale, and currently pays NOK 372.700,- per year The position is linked to The Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (Statens Pensjonskasse). The scholarship involves 25% TA/RA responsibilities. If applicants are otherwise equally qualified, female applicants will be given preference. Additional information about the doctoral programme, admission requirements and the application can be obtained from the Doctoral Administration at BI Norwegian Business School.
The application must be submitted electronically only by using the "Send Application" button on the right hand side in this announcement. Please inform us in the applications if you have any preferences concerning projects. No e-mail application or hard copy application will be accepted.
You are required to upload the following electronically with your application:
- Certificate of a Master of Science degree or equivalent, please include transcripts of grades
- A Diploma Supplement or a similar document describing in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree (http://ec.europa.eu/education/policies/rec_qual/recognition/diploma_en.html)
- Other relevant certificates and transcripts
- A description of research interests (and potential research projects)
- A milestoneplan outlining when you’re planning to take the different PhD courses :Template to be found here: http://www.bi.no/DoctoralFiles/milestoneplan.doc
- Letters of recommendations from relevant employers/tutors providing evidence of your skills as a researcher(a minimum of 2 letters)
- Certificates from previously completed courses at the doctoral level, if requesting approval of these for the Ph.D. programme at BI Norwegian Business School (see last section of § 3.1.1 in our Ph.D. Regulations)
- A complete list of all publications and/or other documented relevant research activities
Please note that all the above documents must be uploaded in the electronic application. Documents may not be submitted by e-mail. Furthermore, note that any documents forwarded after the application deadline will not be considered. Exceptions will only be made for students who are completing their master’s degree in 2012 and do not have a final certificate when applying. Please note that you will not be able to revise your application once it has been submitted.
The following needs to be sent by post to BI Norwegian Business School (Doctoral Admininstration):
GRE / GMAT
All applicants except those who hold a master degree from a Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish or Icelandic institution for the PhD program MUST take either the GMAT or the GRE.
We will need percentile scores and raw scores for the Verbal, Quantitative and Analytical Writing sections of the GRE or GMAT to consider your application. Incomplete sections or partial scores are not sufficient to consider your application. Arrange to have official score reports sent directly to BI. Photocopies and/or examinee copies of score reports are not acceptable.
A "good score" is generally considered to be 85% and higher. However, there is no minimum cutoff score for the GRE/GMAT in order for your file to be reviewed.
TOEFL / IELTS
Students are required to have a good command of the English language. The following applicants will be considered to fit with this profile:
- Applicants whose native language is English
- Applicants with a qualifying master degree from a Nordic (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish ore Icelandic) institution
- Applicants with a qualifying master degree where the language of tuition was English
All other applicants must take either TOEFL or IELTS. The minimum standard for test scores that BI accepts are:
- TOEFL - a total score of 575 points for the written test or 233 for the computer-based version or 90 points on the internet based test
- IELTS- a score of 6.5
TOEFL / IETLS scores must be from within the last two years.
PLEASE NOTE THAT: Test results must be sent directly to Doctoral Administration at BI from the test centre. The codes for BI Norwegian Business School are as follows:
For IELTS we accept copies as long as the TRF number is visible.
Kindly note that all documents (including GRE, GMAT, TOEFL and IELTS tests) need to have reached the Doctoral Administration by the deadline stated in this announcement in order to be considered.
Candidates may at a later stage be asked to forward further information and/or be called in for an interview. Candidates who are accepted for the programme must provide a more detailed progress plan with milestones and courses for the four years of study.
Candidates applying for the PhD positions in Petroleums Economics, please mark the application with "Petroleums Economics".
Information about the doctoral programme, admission requirements can be obtained from the doctoral administration at BI Norwegian Business School.
Application Deadline : 29 February 2012
Posted on 2012-02-17 10:23:58
The announced deadline for above scholarship is expired and new applications may no longer be accepted. The notice is available for reference purpose only.
Please give reference of Scholarships-Links.com when applying for above scholarship.
Can't find a Scholarship, Type a keyword & find it
- FORD FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMS (311) Views
- Ph.D. Program in Economics and Finance (179) Views
- PhD-Position-Organizational Interdependencies (144) Views
- IRUSE, Civil Engineering, NUI Galway: Funded PhD Scholarship (116) Views
- Merit scholarships for international students at Universitšt Hamburg (103) Views
- PhD Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences (89) Views
- Call for Students' Applications for PhD (80) Views
- PhD Positions in Bioinformatics (77) Views
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Data Mining in Social Systems (61) Views
- PhD position-Theoretical Aquatic Ecology (41) Views
- PhD student in mining and rock engineering, Improved resource efficiency through dynamic loading control (81) Views
- Two PhD student positions in Peace and Conflict Research (53) Views
- PhD student position in Plant Ecology (22) Views
- Post doctor in economics with specialization in econometrics (22) Views
Recent Scholarships in Multiple Fields
- FORD FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMS
- IRUSE, Civil Engineering, NUI Galway: Funded PhD Scholarship
- PhD Researcher-Research Center Pharmaceutical Engineering GmbH
- PhD position-Theoretical Aquatic Ecology
- Several Ph.D. students in law (intellectual property, antitrust, Internet law, law and economics
- PhD position in modelling solar cells
PhD Scholarships in Biomolecular Sciences
Deadline : 4 September 2014
Doctoral Candidate in Reactivity of cellulose in fiber wall
Deadline : 5 September 2014
PhD position-Theoretical Aquatic Ecology
Deadline : 7 September 2014
IRUSE, Civil Engineering, NUI Galway: Funded PhD Scholarship
Deadline : 8 September 2014
Miller Research Fellowship
Deadline : 10 September 2014
Two PhD student positions in Peace and Conflict Research
Deadline : 10 September 2014
Open PhD positions at the International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles
Deadline : 10 September 2014
College PhD Studentship in Heliophysics at the University of Exeter
Deadline : 12 September 2014
- PhD Scholarships in Biomolecular Sciences
- PhD-Position-Organizational Interdependencies
- PhD Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences
- NASP-GSSPS-34 Ph.D. Scholarships in Social and Political Sciences
- Two PhD student positions in Peace and Conflict Research
- Miller Research Fellowship
- Henry A. Kissinger Program in Foreign Policy and International Relations
Scholarships by Field
- Agriculture Scholarships
- Arts Scholarships
- Astronomy Scholarships
- Biology Scholarships
- -Molecular Biology
- -Computational Biology
- Chemistry Scholarships
- -Computational Chemistry
- -Chemical Ecology
- -Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science Scholarships
- -Data Mining
- -Artificial Intelligence
- -Software Engineering
- -Image Processing
- -Information Security
- -Computer Networks
- -Machine Learning
- -Information systems
- -Computer Graphics
- Earth Sciences Scholarships
- Economics Scholarships
- Education Scholarships
- Engineering Scholarships
- -Electrical Engineering
- -Mechanical Engineering
- -Civil Engineering
- Environmental Sciences Scholarships
- -Environmental Engineering
- -Marine Sciences
- Law Scholarships
- -Human Rights
- -Security Studies
- Life Sciences Scholarships
- -Food Sciences
- Management Sciences Scholarships
- -Business Administration
- Mathematics Scholarships
- Media Studies Scholarships
- Medical Sciences Scholarships
- -Public Health
- -Veterinary Medicine
- Physics Scholarships
- -Computational Physics
- -Computational Fluid Dynamics
- -Solid State Physics
- Renewable Energy Scholarships
- Social Sciences Scholarships
- -Political Science
- -International Relations
- -Regional Studies
- -Culture Studies
- Statistics Scholarships
- Telecommunication Scholarships