The University of Luxembourg has the following vacancy in the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB):
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in Experimental Neuroscience (m/f)
- Fixed-term contract 3 years, 40h/week
- Student status (start date: as soon as possible)
- Ref.: I1R-NEU-PFN-13ENNE
Functional characterization of mitochondrial endophenotypes in stem-cell-derived models of Parkinson's disease
- generation/maintenance of induced pluripotent stem cell lines and subsequent differentiation into dopaminergic neuronal cells
- application and establishment of functional assays on mitochondrial function and dynamics in different cellular models of Parkinson’s disease
- application and development of dynamic readouts for lysosomal degradation pathways (autophagy)
- pharmacological and genetic modulation of mitochondrial impairments
- A Master degree or equivalent in Biology, Neuroscience, Biochemistry, or related discipline.
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research and cellular models of neurodegeneration.
- Profound knowledge on molecular genetics, biochemistry and cell biology.
- Expertise in the area of inducible pluripotent stem cell technology is of advantage.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Excellent working knowledge of English is required.
- Fully funded position.
- An exciting international research environment.
- Opportunity to participate in the development of the LCSB.
- Travel opportunities for training and meeting with our collaborators.
- In-depth training in cutting-edge techniques including FACS assays, Seahorse technology and confocal microscopy including high content imaging and cellular in vivo imaging.
- Numerous training opportunities in (molecular) biology, systems biology, and neurogenomics.
- The University offers highly competitive salaries based on the candidate's experience and is an equal opportunity employer.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Rejko Krüger at email@example.com
Applications (in English) should contain the following documents:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Cover letter mentioning the reference number
- List of publications (if any)
- Description of past research experience and future interests
- Name and addresses of three referees
Application Deadline : 30 May 2015
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in Experimental Neuroscience : PDF
Posted on 2015-05-29 10:23:50
Please give reference of Scholarships-Links.com when applying for above scholarship.