The Hasso-Plattner-Institut in Computer Science for Africa (HPI in CS4A), affiliated with the Department of Computer Science at the University of Cape Town, is offering PhD studentships in the field of Computer Science to students from the African continent. For More specifically, we seek high quality applications centered on ideas that revolve around proposing solutions to problems of computing that emerge in the African context. Areas of research of potential supervisors include:
1. Computer Graphics
2. Database Management Systems
3. Information Retrieval
4. Computer Networks
5. Human Computer Interaction
6. Technologies/Systems for Development
7. Artificial Intelligence
Eligible candidates will meet the following criteria:
1. Hold a Masters Degree in Computer Science, supported by a good dissertation
2. Be proficient in English as attested by a recent score (obtained within 3 - 5 years before application for admission) of at least 570 (paper-based test) or 230 (computer-based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); or a recent overall band score of 7.0 (with no individual element of the test scoring below 6.0) on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Important Dates. . .
Application Deadline: July. 15, 2015
Application Guidelines. . .
To apply, please submit the following:
1. A curriculum vitae ( 2-3 pages)
4.ÊA brief research proposal (2-3 pages)
Your proposal must outline your research question(s) and proposed methodology for conducting the research. We will only consider proposals with centered on the general theme ofÊCS4A and that fall within the core areas of research listed.
Applications should be submitted as a single pdf file at: https://easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?key=24695458.G5LBOZFG9TdiGt8D
Anne Kayem, PhD
HPI PhD Research School
Dept. of Computer Science
University of Cape Town
Application Deadline : 15 July 2015
Posted on 2015-06-12 04:39:43
Please give reference of Scholarships-Links.com when applying for above scholarship.
Can't find a Scholarship, Search it here
Deadline : 31 October 2017
Deadline : 1 January 2018