The Faculty of Political and Social Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy in the Department of Political Science, ACIM for
one doctoral student
Following recently obtained research grant from the European Research Council (ERC) the research centre ACIM (www.uantwerpen.be/en/rg/acim) is looking for a talented and highly motivated doctoral student.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in one of the following areas: the Europeanization of national interest groups from an organization theoretical perspective, the influence of interest groups in Belgian politics (federal and regional), the rescaling of interest representation, advisory and consultation regimes…
- We expect you to contribute to teaching (to a very limited extent) and to the overall research activities (such as lunch seminars or workshops) of ACIM.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a Master degree in one of the social sciences (Political Science, Sociology or Communication Sciences). Also candidates with degrees in related disciplines (such as Economics, Law or History) can apply if their profile fits with the requirements listed below. MA-students in the final year of their degree are recommended to apply.
- You can submit outstanding academic results (at least ‘onderscheiding’ or cum laude).
- Your research interests are complementary or overlap with the research program of ACIM. Check our website for more details (www.uantwerpen.be/en/rg/acim).
- You show a strong interest in theory and methods; you have a solid methodological background, in particular a sound knowledge of quantitative analysis is needed; you are familiar with or are prepared to familiarize yourself with statistical software such as R, Stata, or SAS.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative. You are a flexible team-player.
- A doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation.
- A gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.167,88 - € 2.486,53.
- The start date is October 2014.
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online until the closing date July 15th, 2015. In addition to a completed application form you need to submit a:
- CV, including a grade report (documenting all courses and exams the applicant has taken at his/her university);
- A letter of motivation;
- A three-page proposal for a dissertation project which matches one of the three areas listed above;
- Two letters of recommendation.
These documents can be submitted in English only.
A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
More information about the application form can be obtained from Ben Daems (Tel. +32 (0)3 265 31 51).
For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. Dr. Jan Beyers (email@example.com).
Application Deadline : 15 July 2015
Doctoral student-The Faculty of Political and Social Sciences : PDF
Posted on 2015-06-15 07:57:56
Please give reference of Scholarships-Links.com when applying for above scholarship.