Please take the time to read and review all information carefully including eligibility, selection criteria, timeline, FAQs, and most importantly the application form itself and its guidelines. This will enable you to submit a strong application
Please note that while the application forms are generic (they go across 160 countries), the guidelines provided in the downloadable pdf are specific to Australia so please follow these directions carefully.
Before contacting the Australian Fulbright Commission it is very important that you carefully read the FAQs. If the FAQs do not answer your question please go to the IIE website for postgraduates or CIES website for all other scholarship categories..
Key Criteria for applicants:
- Must be an American citizen
- Cannot hold dual US-Australian citizenship
- May be eligible to apply for more than one scholarship
- Apply in 2015 for the 2016 round – successful applicants must start their program in February 2017
- Successful applicants must travel to Australia on Temporary Work (International Relations) Visa (subclass 403). Please be aware that strict residency constraints apply, including a two year home residency requirement upon return to America
U.S. Postgraduate Scholarships
The Fulbright Postgraduate scholarship allows postgraduate students undertaking their American PhD to conduct a period of research and/or study in the US; or supports enrolment in an Australian postgraduate program.
Benefits of a Postgraduate Scholarship:
- Living, travel & establishment allowances for a program of 8-10 months duration
- ASPE medical insurance of up to A$100,000 (for the Scholar only)
- National Orientation Program, Showcase Evening & Presentation Dinner
- Enrichment Seminars in the United States with international Fulbright Scholars
- Distinguished professional network with U.S. and Australian Fulbright Alumni Associations
- A support agency in the U.S. that assists with visas, events, and networks
- Media and publicity support
- Access to Medicare for the Fulbright Student provided by the Australian Government
- Postgraduate Fulbright Scholarships are valued up to AUD$40,000
Conditions of a Postgraduate Scholarship:
- Funding is stipend based and is for a maximum of 10 months. It will be reduced for shorter programs.
- Funding does not cover Tuition fees
- Recipients need one primary host institution. They can visit other institutions but must spend the majority of their program at their primary institution
- Applicants must demonstrate they have sufficient additional funds to support themselves and any dependents during their stay in the Australia.
All postgraduate applicants MUST complete the postgraduate online application form the IIE website. Please ensure you fill out the correct application form or your application may be ineligible.
All applications are considered in the General category, however, Postgraduate applicants may also be eligible for the Fulbright-Anne Wexler Scholarship in Public Policy.
- All Applicants fill out the general application form
- To be considered for the Fulbright-Anne Wexler Scholarship applicants will need to fill out an extra page of information, per the specific instructions for that scholarship opportunity
- Note: applicants in the creative arts must supply additional material such as novel excerpts, musical examples, portfolios, etc
Application Deadline : 13 October 2015
Australian Fullbright Scholarships for American Applicants : PDF
Posted on 2015-08-22 01:34:59
Please give reference of Scholarships-Links.com when applying for above scholarship.