Inorganic Materials Lab of the Hallym University (South Korea) seeks to recruit promising PhD and MSc research students who will supported by Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for the University Track). The selected students will conduct research on the [Synthetic Inorganic Chemistry] and [Synthesis and Application of Nano-Hybrid Materials].
Interested applicants should contact Prof. Yoo, Hyojong by Friday, March 11, 2016 Korean time (GMT + 9). His contact details are as follows:
Promising candidates will be recommended for the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for the University Track. To qualify for this highly competitive scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant and his/her parents must have foreign citizenships.
- * Applicants who hold Korean citizenship are not permitted to apply for this program.
- Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay in Korea for an extended period of time.
- Applicants must submit the Personal Medical Assessment (included in the application form) when he/she apply for this program, and when it’s orientation, an Official Medical Examination will be done by NIIED (National Institute for International Education in Korea). A serious illness (For example, HIV, Drug, etc) will be the main cause of disqualification from the scholarship.
- The handicapped who satisfy the above are also eligible for the program
- NOT Eligible: those who are pregnant (disqualified upon discovery)
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of Sep. 1st, 2016 (born after Sep. 1st, 1976).
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of August 31st, 2016.
- * (Important) Applicants who have ever enrolled in a university in Korea will be disqualified from applying to the KGSP program. Specifically, an applicant who has previously enrolled in an undergraduate program, a master’s program, a doctoral program including an exchange program (D-2 visa holders ever) in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- Applicants who apply for the Master’s program must hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than a Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants who apply for the Doctoral program must hold a Master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree.
- Applicants who are expecting to obtain the relevant required degree or diploma by August 31st, 2016 must submit a certificate of degree or diploma expectation, and submit the official certificate of degree or diploma to NIIED by August 31st, 2016. (If not, disqualified for this program)
- Applicants must maintain a grade point average (G.P.A.) of at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4. 3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previously attended institution.
- If an applicant does not satisfy the above GPA criteria, he/she will be disqualified from applying to this program.
- If the transcript is not indicated in grades/marks/scores format, or is difficult to convert into percentages, attachment of official explanation from the attended institution is required.
- Applicants who have Korean proficiency (TOPIK_Test of Proficiency in Korea) or English proficiency (TOEFL, TOEIC, and IELTS Academic) may be given preference.
- Applicants who apply for natural science and technology program may be given preference.
- Applicants for the majors under the Industrial Professionals Training projectof the government of Korea might be given preference.
- The faculty members at a higher education institution from countries that receive Korea’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) might be given preference.
- Descendants of the Korean War veterans receive additional 5% of the total marks during the selection reviews.
Listed below are some features of this research assistantship and the expected benefits of the program for successful applicants:
o Tuition fees for study period
o A round-trip economy class ticket to and from Korea
o Monthly Allowance of about 900,000 won(KRW) and research allowance
o Basic Medical Insurance
o Extra allowances based on research performance
1. Doctoral Degree Program: 4 Years Total (September 1, 2016 –August 31, 2020)
1 Year Korean Language Program
3 Year Degree Program
2. Master’s Degree Program: 3 Years Total (September 1, 2016 –August 31, 2019)
1 Year Korean Language Program
2 Year Degree Program
Expected commencement date: September, 2016
Interested applicants should send the following documents to Prof. Hyojong Yoo by Friday, March 11, 2016 Korean time (GMT + 9) by email:
- Study plan (clearly stating the research topics you are interested in. We would like to know your research interests and their relation to the given research areas)
- Academic transcripts (Photocopies are ok)
- Brief summary of most recent thesis and the status (eg. accepted, in progress, submitted, etc)
- CV (to include names, date of birth, nationality, sex, contact details, education, work experience, publications)
- Any other documents (eg. Publications, Patents, etc.) that could prove your research abilities
2. The files stated above are only for the pre-screening process. You will be contacted from us if you are selected as the competitive applicant. Our institute (Hallym University) will recommend those applicants to the National Institute for International Education(NIIED) in Korea. At that stage, we will let you know how you could apply for the KGSP program (You need to send every application documents to Hallym University to be recommended before April. 1st, 2016).
For any further questions about the positions, please contact: Prof. Yoo, Hyojong at the stated email.
Application Deadline : 1 April 2016
Graduate Research Assistantship (by Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP)) at the Department of Chemistry, Hallym University : PDF
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on 2016-02-04 23:18:37
Please give reference of Scholarships-Links.com when applying for above scholarship.