The IT University of Copenhagen invites highly motivated individuals to apply for a number of PhD positions starting in summer 2016.
Successful applicants will be employed and enrolled at the ITU University for a period of 3 or 4 years depending on the university degree level of the applicant.
Applicants are encouraged to align themselves with a funded research project. These can be accessed at: Research Project
Early contact with our faculty staff is strongly encouraged.
The following qualifications are required:
- 3-year program: a Master’s degree equivalent to three years of bachelor level studies plus two years of Master level studies.
- 4-year program: a Bachelor degree plus one year of Master level studies.
A successful applicant typically already has an established research record inside the potential advisor's field. A competitive application usually includes:
- A cover letter including the name of a suggested advisor at ITU who is linked to the applicant's field of research
- An excellent project proposal (statement of purpose), which provides evidence of independent thinking, novelty and originality, and a state-of-the-art grasp of the targeted research field matching the interest and competences of a potential ITU supervisor;
- Documentation of academic degree(s); grade transcripts that documents outstanding academic achievement
- Curriculum Vitae, which must include two professional/academic references;
- A relevant scientific publication in a recognized, peer-reviewed, such as a major international conference or journal in the potential advisor's field, or evidence of an excellent research master thesis;
- A letter of recommendation from a leading international researcher that is professionally known to the potential advisor.
It is understood that even highly qualified applicants will satisfy these requirements to varying degrees, for example because of differences in publication cultures in various research fields.
Please read the guidelines for applicants carefully before filling in the application form. You can see the guidelines through this link: Guidelines
Only complete applications will be processed and evaluated. Applications must be written in English. All other documents, such as transcripts must be accompanied by a translation in English or Danish.
You can only apply for this position through our e-recruitment system. Apply by clicking the button "Apply for position" in the job announcement on our website: itu.dk/vacancies
Questions related to procedure may be directed to the PhD School (email@example.com) or to the Personnel Section, Kristina Køj-Udsen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application deadline: 19th May 2016, at 23:59 CET.
Applications/enclosures received at ITU after the application deadline will not be taken into consideration. If you submit an application, it is your responsibility to ensure that it arrives before the deadline.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Appointment Order from the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of 25 April 2008.
Please note that all application material will be destroyed after the assessment.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC).
The IT University invites all qualified researchers regardless of age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background to apply for the positions.
- See more at: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=119&departmentId=3439&ProjectId=180762&uiculture=en&MediaId=1282#sthash.PKUsZZJq.dpuf
Application Deadline : 19 May 2016
PhD Spring Call 2016 at IT University of Copenhagen : PDF
Posted on 2016-04-09 02:44:09
Please give reference of Scholarships-Links.com when applying for above scholarship.