The institute for silicon photovoltaics focuses on the development of novel polycrystalline solar cells on glass, silicon heterojunction solar cells and silicon/perovskite tandem cells.
Topic of the doctoral thesis: Development of aSi/c-Si Heterojunctions for Perovskite/Silicon Hybrid Tandem Solar Cells
- Design of Light trapping schemes in the silicon bottom cell that are compatible to perovskite film processing such as spin coating or printing as well as fabrication of high conductivity transparent conductive oxides at low temperatures with reduced sputter damage to the sensitive hole selective layers or the perovskite layers.
- Development of optically optimized recombination contacts such as a tunnel recombination contact between µc-Si:H or a-Si:H and metal oxides that can be used as electron selective contact for the perovskite sub-cell
- Completed Diploma or Master Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Material Sciences or Chemistry with a very good Diploma- / Master thesis
- Sound knowledge in solid state and material physics
- Previous knowledge in semiconductor physics and organic semiconductors are beneficial
- Experience with chemical and physical lab work are desirable
- Ability to work in a team and to problem-oriented scientific work, commitment, dedication to experimental work and a high level of self-reliance
- Willingness to present and publish of scientific results at project meetings, national and international conferences as well as in scientific journals
- Good communication skills in English
What we offer
Fixed term contract for 36 months. The employment contract is based on contracts for the German civil service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 05/23/2016.
Application Deadline : 23 May 2016
PhD Student (Diploma or Master in the field of Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Sciences or Chemistry) : PDF
Posted on 2016-05-11 03:00:30
Please give reference of Scholarships-Links.com when applying for above scholarship.