The Faculty of Applied Economics is seeking to fill the following full-time vacancy in the Department of Transport and Regional Economics
Doctoral student in the area of air transport economics and business
The Department of Transport and Regional Economics is looking for reinforcement for its air transport research team. Together with the team, the applicant will conduct cutting-edge research on air transport economics and business.
The applicant will further:
- prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of air transport economics and business;
- contribute to research in the Department of Transport and Regional Economics, in the field of air transport economics and business;
- keep active contact with the air transport industry stakeholders;
- enroll in the university's Ph.D. program;
- write scientific articles about the subject of your research.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in applied economics (or other relevant domains).
- You have relevant knowledge of and genuine interest in transport and preferably air transport economics and business.
- You have a good methodological background. Proven research expertise in quantitative research methods is considered a plus.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Also students in the final year of their degree can apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative, customer-oriented and cooperative.
- An analytical spirit and a focus on quantification are expected.
- Team player with a sense of initiative and responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and a willingness to learn Dutch.
- a contract for a period of one year to start with, with the possibility of renewal for a further period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of the contract is planned for as soon as possible;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.189,88 - € 2.334,46;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment with possibilities for extra training in an international context.
How to apply?
- Please send an extended CV and motivation letter to Anne Arekens (email@example.com). The motivation should on the one hand explain why you are the right candidate for the position and on the other hand indicate what your topic of choice within the domain of air transport would be and how you would approach it. The final topic of the PhD will be determined by the promotor(s) in consultation with the applicant.
- The application deadline is 17 July 2016.
- A pre-selection will be made amongst the submitted applications and the motivation document.
- Selected candidates will be invited for an interview (in person or via Skype).
- The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection committee.
- With regard to questions regarding the profile and the description of duties, please contact dr. Wouter Dewulf at firstname.lastname@example.org or +32-3-265 49 36.
Application Deadline : 17 July 2016
Doctoral student area of air transport economics and busines : PDF
Posted on 2016-07-06 00:28:03
Please give reference of Scholarships-Links.com when applying for above scholarship.