The PhD position in Finance is within the fields of Financial Economics, Macro-Finance or Asset Pricing in general. The PhD project can cover theoretical and/or empirical methods. Priority will be given to candidates who have both a strong quantitative background and a solid previous training in financial economics, asset pricing theory and econometrics.
The PhD position in Macroeconomics is within the model tradition of SFC (Stock Flow Consistent Models), with an aim to build models, develop theory and to do economic policy analyses (especially with a focus on the Danish and the European economy).
Preference will be given to qualified applicants with a well-described research proposal that fit best with the research interest of the department.
The position is related to the research group in Macroeconomic Methodology, Theory and Economic Policy at the Department of Business and Management, Aalborg University, Denmark. The research group is responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate students in Economics and conducts research in theoretical, methodological, and empirical macroeconomics and finance. The department provides a supportive research environment and research facilities, travel support, etc. is generally good.
The PhD scholarship has a duration of three years. Applicants to the PhD scholarship must hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree. Applicants enrolled at a Danish Master programme who expect to graduate before the date of appointment must forward a copy of their thesis contract and documentation for the date of their final exam.
The completion of the scholarship will be in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities No 1039 of 27 August 2013 (only available in Danish), and it is a prerequisite for allocation of a scholarship that enrolment as a PhD student at the Doctoral School of Social Sciences takes place. According to the Ministerial Order, the progress of the PhD student shall be assessed regularly. It is a prerequisite for continuation of salary payment that the previous progress is approved at the time of evaluation.
The PhD scholarship will be allocated to an individual who holds a relevant Masters degree in the Social Sciences, such as for example Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Financial mathematics, or similar.
Applicants are expected to have strong analytical abilities and exhibit high degrees of independence and maturity in their research work. Furthermore, a good proficiency in English is required in order to publish and present research results at international academic journals and conferences and to prepare the PhD thesis in English.
Applications for enrolment and allocation of scholarship must include the following:
- Letter of motivation.
- Project proposal (approx. 5 pages) containing the research project title, an outline of the course of study and a description of the overall problem areas
- Curriculum vitae
- Diplomas confirming academic degrees (Master degree), including academic transcripts
- A copy of the applicant's Master's degree thesis and published articles (if any).
- Foreign applicants must forward verified IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). Exempted are applicants with at Master Degree from Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and Canada
- Co-author statement. If publications that have been written in cooperation with others are submitted, a declaration from each of the authors must be enclosed. The declaration must state the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the total work and be signed by the authors.
- Application for credit transfer if relevant,
- References/recommendations from at least two professors.
The complete application including attachments shall be sent electronically by selecting the "apply online" function.
The assessment of the applicants will be undertaken by an expert assessment committee.
Application Deadline : 1 September 2016
PHD SCHOLARSHIP IN FINANCE AND-OR MACROECONOMICS : PDF
Posted on 2016-07-24 13:26:42
Please give reference of Scholarships-Links.com when applying for above scholarship.