At the Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Sociology and Social Work, a PhD scholarship in sociology and/or criminology is open for appointment on 1 December 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The department invites applications for a 3-year PhD scholarship within the fields of sociology and/or criminology. PhD projects can address problems related to social differentiation, social cohesion and marginalization and/or punishment, social control, normalization and discipline. Prior experience with sociological methods (quantitative and/or qualitative) and experience with empirical research will be considered an advantage, but is not a requirement.
The PhD scholarship has a duration of three years. Applicants to the PhD scholarship must hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree. Applicants enrolled at a Danish Master programme who expect to graduate before the date of appointment must forward a copy of their thesis contract and documentation for the date of their final exam.
The completion of the scholarship will be in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities No 1039 of 27 August 2013 (only available in Danish), and it is a prerequisite for allocation of a scholarship that enrolment as a PhD student at the Doctoral School of Social Sciences takes place.
- letter of motivation
- project proposal (approx. 5 pages) containing the research project title, an outline of the course of study and a description of the overall problem areas
- information on which language the PhD thesis is expected to be written in
- curriculum vitae
- diplomas confirming academic degrees (Master degree), including academic transcripts
- foreign applicants must forward verified IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). Exempted are applicants with at Master Degree from Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and Canada
- co-author statement. If publications that have been ritten in cooperation with others are submitted, a declaration from each of the authors must be enclosed. The declaration must state the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the total work and be signed by the authors
- Application for credit transfer if relevant.
The complete application including attachments shall be sent electronically by selecting the "apply online" function.
The assessment of the applicants will be undertaken by an expert assessment committee.
Application Deadline : 23 September 2016
PHD SCHOLARSHIP IN SOCIOLOGY AND-OR CRIMINOLOGY : PDF
Posted on 2016-09-12 03:00:35
Please give reference of Scholarships-Links.com when applying for above scholarship.