The PhD specialization in Finance at McGill University aims to attract individuals who possess a strong academic background, personal initiative, and the potential to become excellent researchers. Our PhD
Program offers the best of American and European approaches to doctoral studies. We combine structured coursework with student autonomy and create a cooperative environment between students,
faculty, and the four collaborating universities in the Montreal area:
McGill University, HEC-Montreal (affiliated with Universite de Montreal), Concordia University, and Universite du Quebec a Montreal.
The PhD specialization in Finance prepares students for research-oriented academic careers.
McGill offers only September admission for PhD program of the same calendar year in which admission is sought. The deadline of January 15 is for all applicants (Canadian and international). Selected candidates will be offered guaranteed funding of at least $25,000 per year for a four-year period.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates typically hold a Master's level degree, with a strong academic record from a recognized university. Under exceptional circumstances students have been admitted without a Master's degree. Students from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply: We have admitted students with degrees in economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering or physics.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please follow the application guidelines available at http://www.mcgill.ca/desautels/programs/phd/admissions
Deadline is January 15, 2017 for September 2017 admission. You will need to provide:
1. Transcripts: Transcripts of grades from all universities attended are required.
2. GMAT Score: The Graduate Management Admission Test is required of all applicants (McGill institution code 58H-MN-62). The GRE (General Test) official scores taken within the last five years would be
accepted as a substitute for GMAT.
3. Letters of Recommendation: At least two letters of recommendation must be uploaded by referees who can assess your research potential.
Referees will be prompted by the uApply system to upload their reference letters.
4. TOEFL Score: The language of instruction at McGill University is English. Only TOEFL and IELTS tests written in the last two years will be considered valid.
5. Statement of Purpose for applying to PhD program in Finance.
6. Curriculum Vitae
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: For additional information on the PhD Program in Management, please visit:
For additional information about the Finance specialization, please
Contact us at:
PhD Program in Management
Desautels Faculty of Management
1001 Sherbrooke Street West - Room 501
Montreal, Quebec H3A 1G5 CANADA
PhD Coordinator Finance Area: Matthieu BOUVARD, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline : 15 January 2017
Posted on 2016-11-07 00:20:19
Please give reference of Scholarships-Links.com when applying for above scholarship.
Can't find a Scholarship, Search it here
Deadline : 15 October 2017
Deadline : 31 October 2017