We are pleased to inform you of 2017 KGSP(Korean Government Scholarship Program) Guideline for Master’s or Doctoral candidates here in Korea.
As the only national engineering specialized university in Korea, we will be able to nominate quite a few candidates. This might be a great opportunity for you to be able to study in Korea with a government full scholarship.
Please see attached for further information and if there are any candidates interested in this program, please send me one original application document package no later than March 26th (Sunday) 2017. Your original application documents must be delivered to my office by the deadline.
- Applicants' GPA must be more than 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4.3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, 3.23 on a 5.0 scale, or score percentile of 80% from your university.
- Applicants who submit applications to more than two designated institutions will be disqualified.
- Scholarship duration: Master's(1 yr. of Korean Language + 2 yrs. of Master'), Doctoral(1 yr. of Korean Language + 3 yrs. of Doctoral)
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of Sep.1st, 2017(born after Sep. 1, 1977).
- In case of submitting photocopied documents, applicants MUST have the copies notarized or apostilled and then submit the notarized or apostilled copies.
- All required documents must be written by computer typing and send us one original document by post only (no e-mail application will be accepted).
Airfare, Settlement Allowance, Monthly Allowance, Research Allowance, Language Training, Tuition, Thesis Printing Fee, Medical Insurance, Korean Proficiency Grants Scholarship, Completion Grants
- Entry to Korea: an economy class flight ticket to Korea
Return flight: an economy class flight ticket from Korea to KGSP scholar’s home country
The airfare for entry will NOT be provided to scholars who have resided in Korea from the time of applying and on.
The return flight is available only for the KGSP scholars who successfully complete their degree coursework.
- The return flight is NOT offered for those who withdraw from the scholarship.
- Any fees incurred in the domestic travel within a KGSP scholar’s home country are NOT covered.
- International travel insurance is NOT covered
- The flight tickets for the Chinese and Czech KGSP scholars will be prepared and provided by the Chinese and the Czech governments, according to the agreements with the Korean government
Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW
- Degree Program (Master’s or Doctoral): 900,000 KRW
- Research Program: 1,500,000 KRW
- Research Allowance
- Liberal Arts and Social Science Degrees: 210,000 KRW per semester
- Science, Technology and Engineering Degrees: 240,000 KRW per semester
- Language Training Fees: Fully covered
- Degree Tuition: Fully covered
- Tuition up to 5 million KRW is covered by NIIED, and the amount that exceeds 5 million is covered by the host university.
- The KGSP scholars are waived from the admission fees of the universities.
- Dissertation Printing Fee Reimbursement
- The actual cost of printing as written on the receipt will be reimbursed.
- The maximum amount is 500,000 KRW for degrees in Liberal Arts and Social Science and 800,000 KRW for degrees in Science, Technology and Engineering.
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 KRW per month
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
- This special funding is available for KGSP scholars with levels 5 and 6 on TOPIK.
- Scholarship Completion Grants: 200,000 KRW
- It is offered for the KGSP scholars who return to their home countries after completing their degree coursework under the scholarship.
- It is not offered for the KGSP scholars who decide to stay in Korea after the completion of their degree coursework.
PERIOD OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Master’s Degree Program: 3 Years (September 1, 2017 – August 31, 2020)
- 1 Year Korean Language Progra
- 2 Year Degree Program
- Doctoral Degree Program: 4 Years (September 1, 2017 – August 31, 2021)
- 1 Year Korean Language Program
- 3 Year Degree Program
- Research Program: 6 Months (September 1, 2017 – February 28, 2018)
Important Notes on the Scholarship Period.
- The scholarship period for the degree program cannot and will not be extended.
- The scholarship period for the language program will not affect the scholarship period for the degree program. For example, even if a scholar takes 6 months of the language program instead of 1 year, the period that the KGSP covers for his/her degree program will remain intact (2 years for Master ’s degree and 3 years for Doctoral degrees).
- KGSP scholars with advanced TOPIK levels (Levels 5 and 6)
Those who have the advanced levels at the time of applying will be exempt from the 1-year Korean language program.
For further information, please see attached, visit website(http://eng.kumoh.ac.kr) or contact KGSP coordinator, Eugene Park.
Submission Deadline : 26th March 2016
Submission address : 61 Daehak-ro, Gumi, Gyeongbuk, Korea, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, Techno Building 4th floor, T458, (Postal Code 39177)
International Programs and Language Education Center
Contact Person : Eugene Park
Office phone number: +82-54-478-7223
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Application Deadline : 26 March 2017
2017 KGSP Admission Call for Graduate School Studying at KIT : PDF
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on 2017-02-02 00:35:00
Please give reference of Scholarships-Links.com when applying for above scholarship.