Postdoc, PhD, Masters and Bachelors scholarships and fellowships
Search for Scholarships
Germany : Humboldt Research Fellowships for postdoctoral researchers
Humboldt Research Fellowships for postdoctoral researchers are the instrument with which the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation enables highly-qualified scientists and scholars from abroad who are just embarking on their academic careers and who completed their doctorates less than four years ago1 to spend extended periods of research (6–24 months) in Germany. Scientists and scholars from all disciplines and countries may apply.
Research projects are carried out in cooperation with academic hosts at research institutions in Germany. Candidates choose their own research projects and their host in Germany and prepare their own research plan. Details of the research project and the time schedule must be agreed upon with the prospective host in advance. Short-term visits for study and training purposes or for attending conferences are not eligible for sponsorship.
Candidates are selected solely on the basis of their academic record. There are no quotas for individual disciplines or countries. The most important criteria for assessment are:
-the academic quality and feasibility of the research proposal submitted by the candidate;
-academic publications in internationally-reviewed journals and for publishing houses;
-statements on the candidate’s academic achievements and potential contained in the expert references submitted by the candidate.
Applications are assessed by independent peer reviewers appointed by the Humboldt Foundation. The final decision is taken by a committee composed of academics from all disciplines.
The fellowship is worth 2,250 EUR per month. This includes a mobility lump sum and a contribution towards health and liability insurance.
-an allowance for research costs amounting to 800 EUR per month (for research projects in the natural sciences and engineering) and 500 EUR (for research projects in the humanities and social sciences);
-language fellowship for an intensive language course for the fellow and his/her marital partner lasting two to four months at selected language institutes in Germany immediately prior to the actual period of research;
-lump sum for the fellow’s travel expenses if the costs are not borne by a third party;
-family allowances for visits by family members lasting at least three months (up to 326 EUR for the marital partner and up to 204 EUR per month for each child);
-Europe allowance for a research stay at a research institute in another European country (though not the research fellow’s own country); for a designated period in the course of the fellowship if necessary to ensure the success of the research project;
-extensive alumni sponsorship once a successful research stay has come to an end, especially for maintaining contact with collaborative partners in Germany during the Humboldtian’s entire academic career.
1.Doctorate or comparable academic degree (Ph.D., C.Sc. or equivalent), completed less than four years prior to the date of application. Candidates who have nearly completed their doctoral degrees are eligible to apply provided that they submit the manuscript of their dissertation or publications containing the results of their dissertation.
2.Academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses.
3.Confirmation that research facilities are available and a detailed expert’s report by an academic host at a research institution in Germany.
4.Expert references from the doctoral supervisor and other academics qualified to comment on the applicant’s eligibility, preferably including reviewers not working at the applicant’s own institute.
5.Language skills: scholars in the humanities or social sciences and physicians must have a good knowledge of German if it is necessary to carry out the project successfully; otherwise a good knowledge of English; scientists and engineers must have a good knowledge of German or English.
Potential applicants who have been in Germany for more than six months at the time of application should check with the Humboldt Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org) whether formal requirements have been met before submitting their application documents.
Academics who have already been sponsored by the Humboldt Foundation are not eligible to apply for the Humboldt Research Fellowship Programme but should turn to the Foundation’s Alumni Programme for support for further research stays.
Applications may be sent to the following address at any time:
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
Jean-Paul-Str. 12, 53173 Bonn, Germany
If this is not possible, they may be forwarded to the Humboldt Foundation via the branch offices of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) or the missions of the Federal Republic of Germany abroad.
Please be sure to only use valid application documents, which can be downloaded at the programme’s website or obtained from the Foundation directly.
Reviewing the applications takes three to six months. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that he or she has submitted all the necessary documents. Applications not submitted as a single entity will take longer to process. Grossly incomplete applications will be returned to applicants unprocessed.
Further information on the selection procedure can be found in the FAQ on the Humboldt Foundation’s website.
Application Deadline : 30 November 2010
Posted on 2009-12-09 08:27:05
The announced deadline for above scholarship is expired and new applications may no longer be accepted. The notice is available for reference purpose only.
Please give reference of Scholarships-Links.com when applying for above scholarship.
Can't find a Scholarship, Type a keyword & find it
- 75 PhD Scholarships in Science and Technology 2014 (2588) Views
- MA in International Studies-up to 19 SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE for the 2014-15 academic year (1072) Views
- PhD Studentships-Birmingham City University-Birmingham School of the Built Environment (693) Views
- PhD Positions-Bioinformatics-Computational Genome Analysis (551) Views
- 75 PhD Scholarships in Science and Technology 2014 (2588)Views
- PhD Studentships-Birmingham City University-Birmingham School of the Built Environment (693)Views
- GSA Undergraduate Scholarship Guide and Postgraduate Scholarship (211)Views
- International Academic Excellence Scholarships (195)Views
- Leeds International Research Scholarship (LIRS) -Round 2 (151)Views
- 3 x Computer Vision-Learning PhD studentship at UCL (143)Views
- Two PhD positions in Statistics (172) Views
- PHD STUDENT IN BIOLOGY (144) Views
- 3 PhD-position in Theoretical Philosophy, Logic, and Theory of Science (109) Views
- PhD student positions in Astrophysics (82) Views
- PhD student position in Plant Ecology (49) Views
- Four PhD positions on Data Science in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at TU Eindhoven (104) Views
- PhD in Reinforced Concrete Structures (84) Views
- PhD in 3D Electron Tomography for Sub-22 nm ICs (48) Views
- PhD Provider perspectives on e-practices (42) Views
- PhD Computational Linguistics: Parsing Algorithms for Uncertain Input (24) Views
- PhD Scholarships in Computer Science (191) Views
- PhD position-In-situ 3D microstructure characterisation of solid oxide fuel cells using X-ray tomography methods (162) Views
- PhD scholarship in Network Architectures and Protocols for Future Mobile Communication Systems (88) Views
- PhD scholarship in Optical Biosensing for Rapid Testing within Diagnostics and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing (53) Views
- Two PhD scholarships at the Department of Psychology: Research on children and adults with ADHD (49) Views
Recent Scholarships in Multiple Fields
- 75 PhD Scholarships in Science and Technology 2014
- GSA Undergraduate Scholarship Guide and Postgraduate Scholarship
- Doctoral Student in DISC1 and Underlying Gene Networks in Schizophrenia
- Open Call for MS2T Research Chairs
- International Academic Excellence Scholarships
- 800th Anniversary Scholarships for applicants from Pakistan
MS Scholarships at Ubiquitous Sensing Lab at University of Jinan (UJN)
Deadline : 20 April 2014
3 Positions-PhD Research Fellow in Astrophysics
Deadline : 20 April 2014
2-3 PhD Research Fellowships in Large and Complex Information Systems in Healthcare
Deadline : 20 April 2014
1-2 PhD Research Fellowship in Informatics
Deadline : 20 April 2014
PhD student computer science - specialization 'visual computing'
Deadline : 21 April 2014
Two postdoctoral positions and two PhD student positions supported by the ERC Advanced Grant ProofCert
Deadline : 21 April 2014
Two PhD positions in Statistics
Deadline : 22 April 2014
PhD Scholarships in Computer Science
Deadline : 23 April 2014
- MS Scholarships at Ubiquitous Sensing Lab at University of Jinan (UJN)
Scholarships by Field
- Agriculture Scholarships
- Arts Scholarships
- Astronomy Scholarships
- Biology Scholarships
- -Molecular Biology
- -Computational Biology
- Chemistry Scholarships
- -Computational Chemistry
- -Chemical Ecology
- -Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science Scholarships
- -Data Mining
- -Artificial Intelligence
- -Software Engineering
- -Image Processing
- -Information Security
- -Computer Networks
- -Machine Learning
- -Information systems
- -Computer Graphics
- Earth Sciences Scholarships
- Economics Scholarships
- Education Scholarships
- Engineering Scholarships
- -Electrical Engineering
- -Mechanical Engineering
- -Civil Engineering
- Environmental Sciences Scholarships
- -Environmental Engineering
- -Marine Sciences
- Law Scholarships
- -Human Rights
- -Security Studies
- Life Sciences Scholarships
- -Food Sciences
- Management Sciences Scholarships
- -Business Administration
- Mathematics Scholarships
- Media Studies Scholarships
- Medical Sciences Scholarships
- -Public Health
- -Veterinary Medicine
- Physics Scholarships
- -Computational Physics
- -Computational Fluid Dynamics
- -Solid State Physics
- Renewable Energy Scholarships
- Social Sciences Scholarships
- -Political Science
- -International Relations
- -Regional Studies
- -Culture Studies
- Statistics Scholarships
- Telecommunication Scholarships